Every now and then someone will ask for a makeup tricks post. Here’s the problem: I am no makeup artist. Sure I’m no hairdresser either but that didn’t keep me from my how to Youtube channel. Explain? I have no shame when the subject is hair. Makeup though, far more intimidating. Instead, I’m sharing my lastest purchases from the beauty sector that I’m going absolutely cookoo for:
- Guerlain Terracota Four Seasons -Brunettes -It’s bronzing powder but I take it as summer blush
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - Mine, NC42. Love but also have never tried anything different. Should I?
- Benefit Girl Meets Pearls Luminizer - Seriously good luminizer. No really!
- Benefit Cha Cha Tint - On me it doesn’t stay on longer than lipgloss (as I’ve heard other people comment) but if you’re going for seemingly effortless rosy lips, this is key.
- MAC Viva Glam Nicki - I’m no longer a “Snob.” I’m Nicki!
When asked by the beautiful Andrea from Blonde Bed Head how I’d describe my style, I went blank, question mark followed. Other people make it sound so easy to self-evaluate like that when I have a hard time choosing between orange and pink. So rather than trying to fit into a flat category (never been ordinary anyways) I just like to let my surroundings and background flip the pages of my style story. This scarf tie, for example, could illustrate the Carmen Miranda inspired chapter in my life, don’t you think?
But first, for some insight. I bet you’re wondering if everything stays neatly organized like that on any given day and the answer is a straight “no.” Like a normal 25 year old who often doesn’t have time for lunch, I also don’t have time to color coordinate my shoes in a perfect line. That being said, I did my share of the work by picking individual favorites (cause you deserve a break). But you pick the final winner. Deal?
- Best Space Savor :: Shoe shelves. No brainner, shoes take and make the most room. (accessories closet)
- Best Make It Pretty, Useful :: Round box set. It’s adorable but also hides so much junk for me. (regulat closet)
- Best Bang For Your Buck :: Yellow walls. Never underestimate what two coats of paint can do to a boring room. (accessories closet)
- Most Clever :: Bracelet solution. A candle holder holds watches for a living. True story. (regular closet)
- Most popular :: Sunglass solution; spotted being clickable on the pages of Refinery29 (accessories closet)
- Most Functional :: Ring solution. Getting rid of my rings as fast as I can and finding it later just as quickly is real a blessing. (regulat closet)
So, who takes the Best Closet Overall award?
I have a confession to make. I’m sick and tired of the floral pant trend. The saddest part of it all is that it happened before I got a chance to buy a pair. Problem is, whenever something is overly done, including by me, I tend to reject it. Nothing against having one (especially if you’ve already dove in) but for me, I guess I’m a floral short kind of gal.
Has anyone heard of the Madewell denim road trip? They’re touring the country with a kick ass truck and I hopped in for a sec.
Immediately struck by the details. Duh.
A braid bar. Say again?
Forget my version of what I fishtail braid should look like. This is the real deal ladies.
Vintage cameras. Can I take a sample home?
If you missed, there’s still time west of Chicago: Lawrence, Boulder, San Diego and others are next.
alice in wonderland inspired bridal shoot
probably my favorite dress of all time
how-to cat eye video
not hiding it
By no means am I good at makeup, but what I learned (while getting ready for this wedding) was sufficient to put together a quick how-to of six different and easy ways (if I managed, believe me you’re good!) to create a cat eye effect. Start by checking off the list:
- stila kajal eye liner
- mac 208 angled brow brush
- mac 219 pencil brush
- neutrogena remover wipes
I think I like “adele” most. Do you have a favorite?